Construction Expo Student Registration
The 2019 ACEA Construction Expo is an exciting opportunity for students to explore the diverse careers related to the construction industry. FREE FOR STUDENTS!
- DATE: Saturday, March 2, 2019
- TIME: 11 AM – 5 PM
- LOCATION: Marcelo’s Sand & Loam, 8811 Hergotz Ln, Austin, TX 78742
• Heavy Equipment – Students are able to operate heavy equipment. Example: Pipe installation, Geotechnical rig, Mini-Excavator, Skid Steer, Skip Loader, D3 Dozer
• Hand-on Activities – Students work with tools and small equipment doing real-world tasks. Example: Drone & survey station
• Informational – Students learn about employment opportunities and skills necessary. Local educational programs and industry associations will hand out information about their programs and services
DRESS CODE – All students operating tools and equipment are required to wear closed toe shoes or boots and full-length pants. No sleeveless attire is allowed. Hard hats, safety glasses, and safety vests will be provided at the event and must be worn to operate tools and equipment. Students not in compliance cannot participate in activities.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, February 15, 2019