The committees are dedicated to its member companies and encourage all members to join and be active on the committees. If you are interested in becoming involved, please complete the form below.
ACEA Regulatory Oversight Committee
Chaired by Walter Hoysa, P.E., LJA Engineering
Goal: Monitor and comment on governmental policy changes
- Meet quarterly with various municipal and county officials on current affairs (Austin and surrounding communities)
- Formulate action plans to address proposed municipal and county rules, procedures, and policy changes
- Develop relationships with key municipal and county decision-makers
- Work with associations of similar interests
- Report on activities to board and to the general membership
Community Involvement Committee
Chaired by Dustin Goss, P.E., LEED AP, Pape-Dawson Engineers, Inc.
- Build the Association’s profile and membership and develop a forum for members to give back to the community
- Plan and implement special events supporting ACEA’s goals to include public involvement
- Administer Scholarship Program
- Solicit member involvement
- Report on activities to the Board and to the general membership
ACEA Central Texas Infrastructure Design and Construction Symposium Committee
Chaired by Cody Schroeder, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
- Create the forum for uniting the Central Texas civil design/build community for the purpose of improving our industry
- Identify session topics and invite moderators and panel members to participate
- Secure a venue and menu for the expected number of attendees
- Organize details of cost, registration, session rooms, exhibitors, etc.
Chaired by Shannon McCleery, Accurate Pavement Striping, LLC
Co-Chaired by Nicole Gee, Accurate Pavement Striping, LLC
- Increase membership by recruiting the best contractor, engineer, and associate firms while maintaining existing members
- Create networking opportunities for recruited firms
- Educate existing members on issues board and committees are taking on with surrounding cities
- Work with community involvement committee to create networking opportunities
ACEA Fish Fry Committee
Chaired by Greg Shepperd, Fuquay, Inc.
- Plan and implement annual Fish Fry Fundraiser
- Solicit donated items for auction and cash donations
- Market the event to membership
- Arrange logistics of event (beverages, facility, etc.)
ACEA Golf Committee
Chaired by David Johnson, Colorado Materials
- Responsible for planning three golf tournaments a year
- Organize logistics of events (facilities, volunteers, etc.)
- Solicit sponsors
- Market the event to the membership
Join a Committee
Interested in joining a committee? Just complete the form below, or contact Executive Director Silvia Pendleton at email@example.com.