2022 Scholarship Program
The Greater Austin Contractors and Engineers Association (ACEA) is a non-profit association dedicated to promoting the business interests of engineers who design our streets, roads, utilities, and drainage facilities; the contractors who build them, and the associate member firms who supply the materials, equipment, and services.
ACEA strives to improve this community through a scholarship program providing financial support to graduating high school seniors who plan to enter the construction-related engineering and construction field of study.
- Engineers (civil, structural, geotechnical, surveyor)
- Project Managers
- Site Superintendent
- Equipment Operators
- CAD Technician
- Diesel technician
2022 ENGINEERING AND CONSTRUCTION SCHOLARSHIPS
ACEA awards up to three (3) scholarships each year, one of which may be a James “Jim” Brewer Memorial Scholarship.
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
$2,000 is awarded per year as long as all other criteria is met; recipients also receive a complimentary student membership and a complimentary pass to the annual Symposium. Funds are dispersed in August if all required paperwork is received. Funds are sent to the college, university, or vocational school. Recipients are encouraged to seek summer employment or internships in construction or civil engineering during undergraduate enrollment. ACEA may assist with networking for summer employment and internship opportunities in Central Texas.
- Must be a high school senior in the current school year at the time of application.
- Must be entering the construction or civil-engineering related field of study in an accredited college, university or vocational school.
- Must reside in Bastrop, Bell, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Lee, Milam, Travis, or Williamson County during their senior year of high school.
- Proof of enrollment is required (class schedule with student ID number)
- Applicant MUST desire a career in the construction or civil-engineering related industry
- Applicant MUST be a full-time student
- Applicant MUST be enrolled or intend to enroll in either an ABET or an ACCE accredited (or candidate status) program
- Applicant MUST pursue a two-or-four-year degree/certificate in construction or construction-related field
- Applicant MUST be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident of the United States (i.e. must possess a “permanent resident” card).
- To be considered for renewal annual award installments, the scholarship recipient is required to provide indications of continued enrollment and good standing (min. 3.0 GPA). Grade transcripts and upcoming class schedules MUST be forwarded by July 30. Recipients will not be reminded to provide this information; failure to do so will result in non-renewal of scholarship award installments.
JAMES “JIM” BREWER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA
The Jim Brewer Memorial Scholarship was created in 2016 to honor the memory of long-time ACEA member who served on the board, multiple committees, and was a Texas A&M graduate and a member of the Corps of Cadets. If selected, the scholarship award is $3,000 per year, as long as a 3.0 or higher GPA is maintained.
- Must meet all of the above qualifications in addition to the following:
- MUST be entering the construction or civil-engineering related field of study at Texas A&M University College Station.
- MUST join the Corps of Cadets at the time of enrollment and remain in the Corps throughout the four years of enrollment to qualify.
HOW TO APPLY FOR BOTH SCHOLARSHIPS
- DEADLINE: Submit application form by 5pm April 1, 2022.
- In order to view the application form, you may be asked to sign into your Google account.
- Incomplete applications without the required documents will not be considered.
- If selected, your class schedule or other proof of enrollment that includes a student ID number will be required in order to confirm funds.
- If selected, funds are sent directly to your college, university, or vocational school. Funds are disbursed in August if all required paperwork has been received.
We also offer Symposium Scholarships for qualified applicants. Learn More Here.