2022-2023 Board Nominations
Are you interested in leading the direction of ACEA this year?
Do you know someone who is?
Each year we look for industry leaders who are excited to commit their time and expertise to serve on our board.
Is this YOUR year? Consult our FAQ to find out!
WHY SHOULD I NOMINATE A LEADER?
Serving on the ACEA Board of Directors offers a variety of benefits including:
- Developing leadership skills
- Get exclusive access to industry news and trends
- Increase visibility and public profile
- Make in impact in the Austin community
- Lead the direction of a 39-year organization for the next decade
WHAT QUALIFIES A LEADER FOR NOMINATION?
- Current ACEA membership
- Familiarity with construction and engineering industry
- Dedication to serving the interests of ACEA
- Interest in learning virtual technology
- Interest in participating in annual events
HOW DOES THE ACEA BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPERATE?
The ACEA Board consists of 12 members:
- 5 Contractors
- 5 Engineers
- 2 Associates
- Serve a two-year term, starting in July 2022.
- Meet once per month to discuss on-going organization development
- Hold 2 full-day retreats: One in January for a mid-year review plus one in June to set annual goals
- Strategic thinking, planning and evaluating progress of the association.
- Serve as liaisons to a committee or group.
- Attend ACEA educational programs and annual events throughout the year
HOW DO I NOMINATE A LEADER?
If you’re ready to make a difference in your industry’s future, submit your own nomination, or nominate a fellow ACEA member who you believe is committed to representing the interests of our association.
The following open positions are up for nomination:
- 3 Contractors
- 2 Engineers
- 1 Associate
Please submit your nomination by April 14, 2022 at 5pm.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER NOMINATION?
We review nominations and notify candidates in April. We hold an election in May for ACEA members to vote for Board positions. We will announce the winning candidates with the most votes in June.